Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Painting Still Life Flowers in Room 6

This afternoon, the Room 6 children were invited to paint spring flowers - daffodils and freesias, from Ms Chan's garden.

The children were encouraged to look carefully at the flowers and paint what they could see.  Some of the things the children noticed were:

-Daffodils have yellow petals and are orange in the middle
- The white freesias have yellow in the middle
- The freesias have little green buds
- The daffodils and freesias have long, green stems
- There are no leaves on the freesias or the daffodils














Come and visit Room 6 to see our finished paintings!

3 comments:

  1. I loved coming in to Room Six later on Monday and seeing your bright paintings Room Six! I can see you were looking carefully at the real flowers so that you could paint them well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent time in Room 6 yesterday taking the Junior HIP dance group - I looked closely at the amazing paintings and the Room 6 children in the dance class spoke about all the wonderful arty things they do with Ms Chan. The children are so blessed to experience a range of creative activities - we may have the next Van Gogh or Constable in our midst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed,fun guy chocolate bars I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both educative and interesting, and without a doubt. Now i'm very happy that I stumbled across this during my search for something regarding this.

    ReplyDelete